Friday 26 October 2012

New Media


The new media is a brilliant way for magazines today to get a wider fanbase and to advertise for free!
For example, if a new magazine is to set up a free twitter account and use hashtags (Quick tags that allow you to view everything that is tweeted with that hashtag) involving the genre that the magazine is they will most likely get some more fans who hadn't seen the billboards or the TV ads. Also twitter being free the company behind the magazine doesn't have to spend tonnes and tonnes of money on advertising their new magazine.



For example I have set up this twitter for my metal music magazine called "Kerosene". I may have only tweeted 3 times but in one of those 3 tweets I have tagged the artist Cancer Bats and all of their fans can see that tweet of mine by viewing the Official Cancer Bats Twitter page (@CancerBats) This would be brilliant advertising for my magazine because by tagging Cancer Bats and allowing their fans to see the link to the interview with them they would most likely end up buying my magazine to read the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment